Last month the government unveiled their latest report looking into the health and wellbeing of children and young people with...Read article
Summer is the best time to explore your senses. Days are longer, warmer, and filled with unique sounds, sights, smells, tastes, and textures for you to discover.
And that’s why our Sensory Experts have put together an exciting Summer Sensory Activity Booklet to keep you active, creative and your senses stimulated all summer long!
If you’re interested in discovering more summer sensory activities, then sign up for our monthly activity newsletter. It’s completely free and filled with stimulating sensory activities, creative resources and helpful parental advice.
Summer Sensory Activity Booklet Contents:
- Sensory Flag: Design and create your own Sensory Flag, perfect for sensory gardens, vegetable patches or the tops of sandcastles.
- Skills: Tactile, Visual, Fine Motor, Creative.
- Summer Bingo: Grab your sensory bingo card, and get ready for some sensory fun. Who will be the first to get a line or a full house?
- Skills: Sound, Tactile, Visual, Taste, Smell, Movement.
- Fruitstravaganza: Count the number of bananas, cherries, kiwis, watermelons and oranges that are scattered across the page.
- Skills: Visual, Counting.
- Five Summer Senses: Think about your five senses in summer and which sights, smells, sounds, tastes, and textures are your favourites (e.g. the taste of fish and chips at the seaside).
- Skills: Sensory Thought, Introspection, Preferences.
- Sensory Exercise: Follow our five sensory integration exercises designed to stimulate your senses, make you feel more body-confident, and boost your mood.
- Skills: Sensory Integration, Gross Motor, Proprioceptive, Vestibular.
- Sensory Smoothies: Treat your taste buds to a tantalisingly tasty sensory smoothie – our recipes are filled with fruits to help you reach your five a day.
- Skills: Taste, Tactile.
- Colour Me In: A simple seaside themed colouring page perfect for you to inspire your inner artist.
- Skills: Fine Motor, Tactile, Visual, Creative.