‘Sensory Overload’, sometimes called ‘Sensory Processing Disorder’, is when a person has sensory processing issues. This happens because the brain...Read article
We might have been stuck inside for the best part of this year, but that hasn’t stopped us from being creative!
From painting radiant rainbows on our windows and drives to thank the NHS, to developing our senses through our Sensory At Home adventures. We have managed to make 202o a year of creative sensory discovery… and we’ve still got one more month to go!
To put your creative skills to the test, we’re launching a very special Christmas Competition.
We’re challenging you to design your very own festive effect wheel, and our favourite design will be turned into a real effect wheel!
What you need to do:
- Download and print off our blank wheel template.
- Use your favourite pens, paints and crayons to create your Christmassy masterpiece.
- Inspiration: Draw your favourite reindeer dancing. Santa in his sleigh delivering presents. Snowflakes falling over a princess castle. Elves just elve’n around. A Christmas light display. Or whatever Christmas means to you.
- Remember that the wheel spins around. So your image needs to line up with the centre when you draw. Don’t draw anything upside down! Check out our Effect Wheel Design Guide for more help!
- It might look small on the paper, but remember when it gets turned into a wheel it’ll look really big through the projector.
- Scan or take a picture of your wheel design and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Christmas Competition Entry’. Make sure you send it in by 4pm on the 17th of December!
- Scanning your design will make it easier for us to transform your design into an effect wheel.
- And don’t forget to include your name and the title of your design too!
- Sit back and get ready to celebrate a sensational sensory Christmas! We’ll be announcing the competition winner on the 18th of December, who’ll get their winning design sent out to them in the new year.