Play Specialists bring a sparkle of festive cheer across wards throughout the year, but Christmas is an especially important time to get patients involved in distracting, calming and engaging activities.
Many families have to spend the Christmas holidays in hospital. But, as much as we’d like them to, illnesses don’t take a break for Christmas. To overcome this, we want to play our part in helping to fill festive hospital stays with fun, laughter, and happiness – which is where our fantastic festive competition was born!
We’re setting you the challenge to transform your Sensory Voyager into a seasonal sensory surprise by decorating it with tinsel, baubles, drawings, fairy lights, and any other festive decorations you can get your hands on to create a Christmas Voyager.
And what’s a challenge without a motivational prize? The winner of our Christmas Voyager Competition will win a 1 x Snowflake Effect Wheel, 1 x Christmas Themed Wheel & 1 x Effect Wheel of your choice!
How to get involved:
- Get creative: Spend time working together to decorate your Voyager. Explore your creative skills to create something unique and magical.
- Take a Picture: or a video of your Christmas Voyager. Not only would we like to see it in action, but we’d love the designers to get in the photo too!
- Share it: Send your picture/video to us on social media by tagging us @RhinoSensoryUK and using the hashtag #ChristmasVoyager. Or, if social media isn’t your thing, share your design with us via email to Jess (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject ‘Christmas Voyager Competition’.
- Deadlines & Winners: Our competition closes on the Friday 17th of December – so make sure you get your entry’s in before then. We’ll announce our winner on Monday 20th of December!
Our Christmas Voyager Decorating Tips:
- Tinsel: Tinsel is a terrifically tactile decoration that tickles your hands as you run it through your fingers. Watch as the glittery strips sparkle in the light creating a magical visual display. Why don’t you wrap tinsel around the outside of the voyager doors like a sparkly border?
- Christmas Effect Wheel: Did you know that we have a collection of festive effect wheels for your Voyager? Our snowflake wheel is great for bringing the wonder of snow inside, whilst Santa makes a special appearance in our festive fun wheel.
- Colours: Finding the right colour for your bubble or hurricane tube is the key to creating a fabulously festive voyager. Alternate between traditional reds and greens or be inspired by Elsa and create an icy blue voyager fit for a snow queen.
- Make It Personal: The best Christmas gifts are the ones that are personal (a hand-knitted scarf is better than any branded one you can buy in a shop). Create paper decorations to stick to the Voyager, get crafty and make some glittery baubles, add some personal pictures, or make the perfect Christmas playlist to play through the speakers!
22nd December Update:
We are excited to announce that Jamie from Scotland is the winner of our Christmas Voyager Competition! Out of all the fabulous entries, we thought that Jamies sparked the most festive joy (we can’t help but smile watching his video – which you can watch right below!).
We’d like to thank everyone who took part. Keep an eye out on our sensory blog for more sensory competitions that you can get involved with 🙂