What are Reminiscence Rooms?
Reminiscence rooms are often seen within hospital wards or care homes. They are designed to create a room that people with the likes of dementia remember from the past. This includes decor, furnishings and dementia friendly therapeutic products.
Why use a Reminiscence Room?
A reminiscence room is an environment whereby somebody living with dementia can go into and experience a feeling of nostalgia with them being surrounded by homely, familiar and reassuring memories. Often the very oldest memories are the once that stay in their minds and therefore the reminiscence room can stimulate them encouring them to communicate.
The Key Benefits of a Reminiscence Room:
- Encourages nostalgia and supports life-story therapy
- Rhino UK can recommend, design and install the room to suit your room/space available
- Stimulating, reassuring and calming
- Helps to increase communication skills
- You an use the room for one to one therapy
- Namaste care could take place within the room